Computer Science is taught at Key Stage 3(Year 8 and 9), Key Stage 4(GCSE) and 5 (AS/A level) at Aston. Subject specialist staff provides opportunities for students to extend their skills beyond the requirements of the modules or course. The students are encouraged to develop their skills in the use and design of software applications – analysis, design, development, testing and evaluation.
Our aim is to equip pupils with the knowledge of current and emerging technologies, understanding of how they work, use algorithms for problem solving and apply this knowledge and understanding in a range of contexts. We believe that learning Computer Science can allow young people to make substantive progress in their studies and wider life. It also furnishes the essential scaffolding for gaining knowledge and skills in a range core subjects.
Staff Names and Roles
- Mrs K Lally – Subject leader for Computer Science
Useful Websites to support your son’s learning
Opportunities outside of lessons
- Key Stage 3 Computing Club – Years 7 to 9
- Visit to National museum of Computing – Year 10
- Computing Non Residential Course at Aston University – Years 11 to 13
- Various Master classes opportunities available at Aston University, University of Birmingham and Birmingham City University –Year 12 and 13