The French department believes that every boy should have access to a wide and varied experience of as many cultures as possible. Our aim is to develop in our pupils a positive attitude towards language learning, so that every student enjoys and profits the experience and wants to achieve their best.
We strive to
- Develop cultural awareness
- Develop the ability to use the language effectively for practical communication purposes
- Build foundations for further study
Staff Names and Roles
- Mrs L Quigley-Brown – Acting Subject Leader for French (until January 2018)
- Mrs D Demetriou – Subject Leader for French (from January 2018)
- Ms C Mouls – Teacher of French
- Ms L Leah – Teacher of French
- Ms M Bonnet – French Assistant
Useful Websites to support your son’s learning
- ZUT! (for grammar and vocabulary)
- 1Jour 1Actu (online newspaper)
- Languages Online (for grammar and vocabulary)
- BBC GCSE Bitesize French (GCSE exam preparation)
- Learning Zone
- Word Reference (online dictionary)
Opportunities outside of lessons
Broader aspects of study are an essential feature of French at Aston and students are encourage to take part in:
- A study visit to Paris in Years 9 and 10.
- A work experience placement in Years 12 & 13.