The school’s Careers Leader is Mr Avtar Sheergill, Assistant Head.
The school is committed to providing a planned programme of impartial careers education and information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) for all boys in years 7 to 13, in partnership with external providers, and to provide extra support for boys with additional learning needs.
Our aims are to:
- Equip students with the knowledge and skills that they need to make informed decisions about their learning and work through a programme of careers education.
- Support students through personalised information, advice and guidance to enable them to build up the confidence to take charge of their careers and effectively manage their own progression through learning and work.
At the end of each key stage students should be able to:
- Understand themselves and the influences on them (self-knowledge).
- Investigate opportunities in learning and work (career exploration).
- Make and adjust plans to manage change and transition (career management).
Careers advice and support:
If you need careers advice please see Mrs Higgott, the school’s Careers Coordinator, who is available in the Careers Library on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Her contact details are email@example.com and telephone number 0121 327 1130 (ext. 233).
Careers web pages:
These web pages aim to support students to make informed decisions about their future choices and to help parents/carers to assist their son with their options. They can also be used by school staff to support students. There are several sections that each focus on key careers matters and you will also find links to useful websites and other sources of information and help.