- Volunteering section: 12 months
- Physical and Skills sections: One section for 12 months and the other section for 6 months
- Expedition section: 4 days/3 nights
- Residential section: Undertake a shared activity in a residential setting away from home for 5 days and 4 nights.
- If you didn’t do Silver, you must undertake a further 6 months in either the Volunteering or the longest of the Physical or Skills sections.
- 2nd April 2022 10 - 4pm at School Route Planning & Training (warm clothes and sensible footwear as you will be walking in Aston Parking for some day learning navigation skills note pad and pen )
- 28th 29 30th May 2022 Practice expedition you will be walking from a Train station and back each day you will return home each night. The route will be planned on your training day all will be local to the West Midlands. You will prepare, cook a meal each day before your return home
- 21st 22nd 23rd & 24th July 2022 Qualifying expedition you will be walking from a Train station and back each day you will return home each night.You will prepare, cook a meal each day before your return home.
Presentations on the aim of the expedition: this must be done in your group at the end of your walks
Students must appreciate that when off-site they are representing the school and exemplary behaviour will be expected at all times. Students exhibiting inappropriate or unacceptable behaviour and/or whose actions result in damage to equipment will be required to meet any replacement costs and may not be allowed to continue on the scheme.
- A payment for silver of £380.00 which can be paid in instalments, the method is through Parent Pay. Please note this will not appear on your Parent Pay until you return the enrolment form.
- Please email L.Leah @keaston.bham.sch.uk if you are entitled to FSM or Albion Trust before making any payment Any other queries please email B.Concannon@keaston.bham.sch.uk.
- To enrol please click Enrolment Deadline is Wednesday 20th October 2022