Welcome to Mandarin at Aston!
In Year 7, you will learn:
- How to introduce yourself in Mandarin
- How to greet people
- Knowledge about Chinese characters
- Numbers, to give your age and your birthday
- Family members
- Food and drink
You will have the opportunity to go on a school trip to a Chinese restaurant and learn how to use chopsticks too!
How we teach Mandarin at Aston:
- Linking characters to pictures, ideas, make up stories etc鼠.
- Enquiry-based learning 爸 妈 哥 姐 弟 妹.
- Using songs, rhythms, stories, poems and actions/gestures.
- Activities designed to maximise opportunities for learning in the classroom.
- Teaching culture as well as the language.
- Mandarin is different but not difficult!
Formal assessment takes place twice a year, but there will be regular mini assessments in lessons too.
How you can prepare for starting Mandarin at Aston:
- Click here for resources to start learning!
- Look at the PowerPoint below for more information about China and Mandarin.