Mastery and Leadership awards
As a learner at Aston we will encourage you to learn ‘beyond the curriculum’ so that you are well equipped for lifelong learning and employment. In order to be the most effective learner you must develop independence and curiosity, as well as confidence in your presentation and leadership skills. Our Mastery Awards and Leadership Awards are an important way for you to invest in the development of these skills.
- Develop and demonstrate your scholarly skills and leadership capacity by working towards your first Mastery Award or Leadership Award at Aston (Bronze level)
- You can start your award during the summer holidays and complete remaining tasks in your first term.
- These challenges should be completed independently but signed-off by an adult who is a witness to your achievement.
- Collate the evidence of what you have achieved to share with us at school.
How to begin
- Select the award that you feel will challenge you but that is achievable.
- Create a folder or file where you can collate your evidence.
- As these awards are not taught, you are responsible for your own planning and participation. For support or guidance you can drop into the W1 basement on a Tuesday lunchtime during term-time in September.
- Ensure you always consider health and safety issues and seek approval from a teacher where applicable.
- You can complete challenges outside of school but must provide the evidence of your work to a member of staff in school.