Silver 2020 Silver timescales:
- Volunteering section: 6 months
- Physical and Skills sections: One section for 6 months and the other section for 3 months.
- Applicants who have not completed their bronze award must undertake a further 6 months in either the Volunteering or the longer of the Physical or Skills sections.
- One activity 12 months one 6 months and one 3 months.
See D of E for more information.
Training for the practice and qualifying expeditions On both days’ students will not need to wear school uniform but will need to make arrangements to be brought to, and collected from:
Silver Qualifying Expedition
Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd May: Practice expedition
Cannock Chase, starting and ending at Rail Stations more information of where to meet will be posted on here nearer the time
Participants must complete a practice expedition prior to their qualifying expedition.
The expedition format will be 2 day long walks (approx 12-16Km each day). Saturday will last approximately 8 hours and Sunday approximately 7 hours. On Saturday each person will prepare, cook and eat a substantial meal just before the end of their walk.
Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th and Monday 31st May: Qualifying Expedition
North Worcestershire, starting and ending at Rail Stations more information of where to meet will be posted on here nearer the time
The expedition format will be 3 day long walks (approx 12-16Km each day). Saturday and Sunday will last at least 8 hours and Monday at least 7 hours. On Saturday and Sunday each person will prepare, cook and eat a substantial meal just before the end of their walk.
Presentations on the aim of the expedition: this must be done in your group at the end of your walks
Students must appreciate that when off-site they are representing the school and exemplary behaviour will be expected at all times. Students exhibiting inappropriate or unacceptable behaviour and/or whose actions result in damage to equipment will be required to meet any replacement costs and may not be allowed to continue on the scheme.
For both the practice & qualifying expeditions parents are responsible for:
- Ensuring their son is at the starting point at the agreed time and ensuring that their son is collected from the finishing point at the agreed time.
- Ensuring that their son is properly equipped (an equipment list will be issued at the Training weekend and is available on the school web site)
If you wish your son to participate in the award please click the link below by Monday, 2nd November 2020
- A completed participant enrolment form
- A payment for silver of £265.00 which can be paid in instalments, the method is through Parent Pay. Please note this will not appear on your Parent Pay until you return the enrolment form.
- Please email L.Leah @keaston.bham.sch.uk if you are entitled to FSM or Albion Trust before making any payment
No student will be prevented from participating in the award due to financial hardship. Parents who find it difficult to make a contribution should contact Mr Parker at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity.Any other queries please email B.Concannon@keaston.bham.sch.uk.