- Volunteering section: 6 months
- Physical and Skills sections: One section for 6 months and the other section for 3 months.
- Applicants who have not completed their bronze award must undertake a further 6 months in either the Volunteering or the longest of the Physical or Skills sections.
- One activity 12 months one 6 months and one 3 months.
See D of E for more information.
- 2nd April 2022 10 - 4pm at School Route Planning & Training (warm clothes and sensible footwear as you will be walking in Aston Parking for some day learning navigation skills note pad and pen )
- Silver Practice 6 & 7th May you will be walking from a Train station and back each day you will return home each night. The route will be planned on your training day all will be local to the West Midlands. You will prepare, cook a meal each day before your return home
- 14th May 2022 10 -4pm at School Route planning and planning aim for your qualifying expedition
- 28th 29 30th May 2022 you will be walking from a Train station and back each day you will return home each night. The route will be planned on your training day all will be local to the West Midlands. You will prepare, cook a meal each day before your return home
Presentations on the aim of the expedition: this must be done in your group at the end of your walks
Students must appreciate that when off-site they are representing the school and exemplary behaviour will be expected at all times. Students exhibiting inappropriate or unacceptable behaviour and/or whose actions result in damage to equipment will be required to meet any replacement costs and may not be allowed to continue on the scheme.
For both the practice & qualifying expeditions parents are responsible for:
- Ensuring their son is at the starting point at the agreed time and ensuring that their son is collected from the finishing point at the agreed time.
- Ensuring that their son is properly equipped (an equipment list will be issued at the Training day and is available on the school website)
If you wish your son to participate in the award please click the link below deadline for applying is Wednesday 20th October 2022
- A completed participation enrolment form please log into to your school email to access this
- A payment for silver of £295.00 which can be paid in instalments, the method is through Parent Pay. Please note this will not appear on your Parent Pay until you return the enrolment form.
- Please email L.Leah @keaston.bham.sch.uk if you are entitled to FSM or Albion Trust before making any payment Any other queries please email B.Concannon@keaston.bham.sch.uk.