Sixth form admissions
The school admits up to 50 new students to the Sixth Form each September. We welcome applications from ambitious students from the Birmingham area and beyond. Financial assistance may be available for students currently studying at schools in the north-west area of Birmingham. Parents of external candidates wishing to enrol a student into the Sixth Form should contact the school. It is not necessary for parents of existing pupils to apply formally for places in year 12.
To achieve entry into the Sixth Form in September 2021, prospective entrants (both existing pupils and external candidates) must achieve a minimum of seven GCSE passes at grades 9 – 5, including at least grades 6 in English and Mathematics.
In order to study a subject at A Level a student must have achieved at least a grade 7 at GCSE in most subjects, and a grade 6 in a handful of disciplines.
In order to study Further Mathematics, a student must have achieved at least a grade 8 in Mathematics at GCSE level.
Offers of places in the Sixth Form will be conditional on the achievement of these results and capacity on chosen courses.
Current students who do not meet the sixth form entry requirements are unlikely to be offered a place in the sixth form. They will, however, be placed in a pool with all new external applicants and these will be rank-ordered and places offered depending on availability.
In the event of over-subscription preference will be given to: “looked after or previously looked after children and children who are currently in receipt of Free School Meals (Pupil Premium) and then those who live nearest to the school (according to the straight-line distance between home and school)".
Sixth Form prospectus
Click here to view the sixth form prospectus.
How to apply
Due to Covid-19, the external admissions process for entry to our sixth form has changed. If you wish to apply for a place in our sixth form (even if you have applied previously in the Spring 2021 term), please complete this online form between 8 am and 12 pm on GCSE results day - click here to access it (please note that this form will only be available to complete between 8 am and 12pm on GCSE results day).
Once your application has been submitted, we will carefully consider it and if you are successful in being shortlisted:
- The school will phone you after 1.30 pm on GCSE results day to notify you of an admissions meeting time when we will discuss your application further with you.
- Meetings will be scheduled to take place in school from 10 am onwards on the Friday after GCSE results day.
- You will be allowed to bring no more than ONE member of your family with you to the meeting.
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for the meeting.
- You must bring a paper copy of your Autumn 2020 school report AND proof of your qualifications (GCSE results statement from your previous school) to the meeting. Unfortunately, places cannot be offered to applicants who do not bring these documents with them to the meeting.
We hope the information on the website will give you a good idea about life in our sixth form. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.